Monday, August 16, 2010

White As Snow

Well now I am into Week #2 of P90x! I am feeling great and already starting to notice subtle changes in my body! Today, I worked chest, back and abs. For the first 3 weeks of the program you do the same workout routine and then week 4 will be a recovery week. I am really enjoying this workout and look forward to it everyday. I am finding I have more energy which is fabulous! I would highly recommend P90x to anyone who wants to get into better shape!!

For my devotional thought today, I wanted to share about a testimony I just watched. I'm sure many of you remember the show Full House. It was one of my favorite shows growing up. Candace Cameron Bure played D.J on the show. I was on her website because I follow her on twitter. She has a video up of an interview she did where she shares her testimony. I was incredibly impressed with her. The one thing that caught my attention was when she was talking about her sin and how she measured it. She always thought she was a "good person" according to the world's standards. But she said when she started measuring her sin against God's standards, she quickly realized she wasn't as good of person as she thought she was. She used an analogy of a little girl who saw a sheep eating green grass and the little girl thought the sheep was so white and pretty. Then it started to snow and against the snow she saw how dirty the sheep actually was. Her point in this analogy was this, when we measure our sin against the standard of the world it will often look like the white sheep eating green grass. We need to be measuring our sin against God's Word and His standards.

So my question for you is this how are you measuring your sin, against worldy standards or against God's Word and His standards?? Something to think about....


Candace Cameron Bure's website: www.candacecameronbure.net

No comments:

Post a Comment