Sunday, August 15, 2010

Seeking Fine Pearls

This is a post that should have been put up last night, but I went to bed with a little bit of a migraine. So staring at a computer for a little while was just not gonna happen! Yesterday, I completed my first week of P90x!!! Woohoo!! My workout was all about Kenpo which basically is kickboxing. Let me just tell you I am so incredibly sore today. I absolutely loved this workout thought. It's an awesome cardio workout and not to mention just fun. I have learned how to defend myself through some of the moves that Tony teaches in this workout. I now know how to properly elbow someone in the face as well as block any punch that comes my way! I think that's pretty awesome! Tomorrow I start week #2 and I'm totally loving this workout! :)

My devotional today was pretty good. I enjoyed it because it talked about pearls and the different kinds of pearls; which I happen to know a little bit about since I used to work at a jewelry store! The scripture for today was from Matthew 13:45-46, "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it." Pearls are simply beautiful. A pearl's value is determined by a few things like luster, surface flaws, color, shape, size and texture. The story was about a missionary who had a befriended a lady named Bee who owned a pearl shop. This missionary used 3 strands of Bee's pearls to help her understand how Jesus sees all of His children. She used a South Sea pearl, a medium-valued Mikimoto pearl and a Freshwater pearl. South Sea pearls are the most expensive and the most rare. Freshwater pearls are more plentiful and less expensive. She asked Bee if the 3 strands of pearls represented people which one would be allowed into paradise according to her Quran? Bee answered the South Sea pearl. This missionary goes onto explain to Bee that she is more like the cheap strand, but according to the Bible she would spend eternal life in heaven since she had been redeemed by Christ. She explained that Jesus saw her as a South Sea pearl even though she was more like a freshwater pearl and that's how He sees all His children.

I thought this was a great reminder of how precious we are in the eyes of Christ. Even though we are like a freshwater pearl, Christ sees us as a rare and extremely valuable pearl. Just like pearls we are all unique, but Christ still sees all of us something rare, beautiful and of great value! What an amazing thought! I'm so thankful to serve a God who sees beyond my flaws and imperfections; and that He sees me as a treasure! I want to share the prayer at the end of my devotional today and may we all be thankful to be seen as precious in His sight!

"Father, Hallelujah that I am precious in Your Sight! Because of your plan of redemption, You have taken someone worthless and made me into a pearl of great price. Thank you for Your tremendous grace. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment