Thursday, August 19, 2010

Magnify

So today I'm combining posts from yesterday and today since I didn't do one yesterday. My workout yesterday was shoulders, arms and abs! This is seriously one of my favorite workouts! I'm not really sure why I enjoy working out my arms and shoulders, but I just do! I enjoy bicep curls, upright rows and shoulder presses....call me crazy!! Those are only a few of the things I do during my workout. The little changes I'm starting to see in my arms and shoulders is awesome!! Now today's workout is one of my least favorite and that is Yoga. It's just an hour and a half of torture. The first 45 minutes of the workout is so repetitive and it drives me nuts. I have a short attention span so it makes it very hard for me to concentrate. I do like the second half of the workout because it's all about balance. However, I have decided that I am just not a fan of yoga! Tomorrow is legs, back and abs!!!

In my devotion today, I was going back through one of my favorite books. It's a book by A.W. Tozer on the Attributes of God. The one that I wanted to share about tonight is God's Goodness. I just love what Tozer shares in this section about God and His Goodness. He says, "Christianity at any given time is strong or weak depending on her concept of God." He goes on to say that our religion is little beacause our god is little, that our religion is weak because are god is weak and we do not see God as He is. I just sat back and thought about that for a little bit. It is no wonder to me unbelievers don't want to become Christians. It's because as Christians we make God small and tend to put Him in a box. Our churches today have basic trouble because of her unworthy conception of God.

Tozer quotes Psalm 34:3. "O magnify the Lord with me." I learned that "magnify" can mean one of two things: "make it look bigger than it is," or "see it as big as it is." Tozer says that the psalmist used magnify in the sense of see it as big as it is. When we magnify the Lord we are to try to see Him as big as He is. I love what Tozer says about this. He says if you want to examine a very small amount of matter, you put it under a microscope and magnify it to make it look bigger than it is, BUT it is impossible to make God look bigger than He is. I'm so glad that I don't have to try to make God look bigger. God is already bigger than I can fathom. I don't know about you, but I want to try to see God as big as He is! What an awesome God!

Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment