Friday, August 27, 2010

Deeper Still....

Today was my yoga workout. The amount of determination I have to muster up to do this workout is ridiculous. I'm just not a fan of it at all. But alas, I still did the workout. Today I only did 45 minutes of the workout because of a headache. With all of the downward dogs you have to do during this workout I knew it would only make my headache worse. For those of you who don't know what downward dog is, all you need to know is that you're kind of upside down ALOT. It's just down right atrocious. I did the balance portion of the workout, which is still pretty hard. That part I actually do enjoy though. Tomorrow is legs, back and abs. It should be a good day!

Today for my devotional, I want to revisit one of my favorite scriptures. I wrote a blog back in December on Ephesians 3:20-21 and I want to share some more thoughts on that. Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." I found my notes from the Deeper Still conference I went to last September. Priscilla Shirer spoke on these verses and I wanted to share that with you. Priscilla had 6 points:

1. Now is the time to start considering God.
~This will take deliberate action on our part.
2. Truth~ God is Able to do it FOR YOU.
~Truth is not relative, it's absolute.
~Whether or not He chooses to do is not a question of His Ability, but of His Sovereignty.
~God does not have power, He is Power.
~It is possible to be a disciple, but not believe.
~The bottom line is either you trust God or you don't.
3. Transcendence
~God is able to do far more ABUNDANTLY than we ask or think.
~God exceeds all expectations.
4. Totality~ He is able to do ALL that we ask or think.
~Take the totality of your needs to God.
~We have a God who cares about everything from beginning to end. He cares about every area of your life.
5. Turbo Power
~We have to turn the power on and allow the Holy Spirit to work inside of us.
6. The Tribute
~Our God is predictable in His Character, but He is not predicatable in His Activity.
~You cannot box God in, when you box God in, you limit your view of Him.

I loved this message and one year later it still speaks to me. I believe we all need to be reminded from time to time of God's character and His Ability. I love what she said about God's power, He doesn't have power, He IS power. I think that is just awesome. I also love what she says about His Sovereignty. We always need to remember that God can do anything He wants and what he chooses to do is all about His Sovereignty, not His Power. I love learning more about God and His character. What an amazing God we serve! The question we should ask ourselves is do we trust God or not?

Something to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment