Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Contagious Life

Today my P90x journey continued with shoulders, biceps, triceps and of course abs! I have always really enjoyed working out my shoulders and arms. Today was no different. This was of course an hour workout and I'm positive I'll be super sore in the morning. My abs, well the soreness hasn't stopped there since I started on Monday. It's a good soreness though! It is so amazing to me all the muscles we have in our body. Each muscle has a specific function. I stand in awe of the God who created everything about our bodies. He knew exactly what we needed for our bodies to function the right way. I think that is so cool and down right awesome!

My devotion today was based on the scripture from Deuteronomy 31:6 which says, "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." The author of this particular entry was telling a story about her son practicing his Bible verse. She was only partially listening when she heard him say, "Be strong and contagious." At first, she found this to be humorous, but as she thought about it more it was actually very profound. Her thought was this, isn't being contagious exactly what we're called to do as we reach out to an unbelieving world?

As I read this entry, I loved this thought. It is so simple and yet as she said so profound. As Christians, we are called to live a contagious life so that when people see us they see that something is different about us and wonder why. Not only should they wonder why, but they should want to find out what it is so they too could have what we have. We should be living our lives in such a way that it affects those around us who are lost. Our lives should be lived in such a way, that the Lord uses us to draw people to Himself. The beauty of living a contagious life is that we are not alone. Just as Deuteronomy 31:6 says God goes with us and that He will not fail or forsake us. How awesome is that?

I want my life to be contagious and one that God uses to draw those to Himself who don't have a relationship with Him. The truth is people are watching us everyday whether we realize it or not. The question we have to ask ourselves is do we want the lifestyle we are currently living to be contagious? Is the lifestyle you or I living one that God would use to draw people to Himself?

Something to think about...

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady....I enjoy your blog posts! Be encouraged to stick with it all. Thanks for sharing your journey with us! AND, if you get a chance, do a sit up or two for me, because we all know what kind of site that might be if I attempted one in this season of my life! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph, I'm glad you are enjoying my blog posts! I am very determined to stick with this! It's very challenging, but looking forward to completing it! I'll definitely do some extra sit ups for you....you are absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait for precious Macguire to make his grand entrance!!

    ReplyDelete