Saturday, December 5, 2009

Welcome to the Waiting Room

Hello and welcome to the Waiting Room,

Do you ever feel like your life is like one giant waiting room? Like you are always waiting for the next thing whether it be a job, a relationship, or material things. Well, I believe we all go through seasons in our lives when we are just waiting. Waiting can be incredibly difficult, especially when we live in a society where we want everything now. We aren't very good at waiting, honestly waiting can just get irritating sometimes. What I have been learning over the past 4 months in my life is how valuable waiting can be, however, if we let go we may realize that it is not always a bad thing.

I've thought a lot about what God says about waiting. That got me to thinking about the Israelites. They waited to be delivered from the bondage of slavery in Egypt, God delivered them. Then the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years, they were waiting to reach the Promised Land. However, not all of them made it to the promised land, that is because they got tired of waiting on the Lord and decided their way was better than His way.

In my quiet time the other day, I was reading Isaiah 30:18, "Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him." The part of the verse that really caught my attention is blessed are all those who wait for Him. When we wait on the Lord, he will bless us and He longs to be gracious to us. Wow, how awesome is that!!

Even though waiting can be difficult, we should never forget that the Lord blesses those who wait on Him. We also have to always remember, the Lord sees the whole picture and in His timing He will reveal to us the things He wants us to see and know! I stand in awe of a God who holds the future in His hands, and all I have to do is trust and wait on Him!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog lady!!! I will look forward to keeping up with it! You will have to check out our blog as well....I try to update it frequently! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,

    Thanks for including me in the blog e-mail! I sure need reminders on a daily basis that waiting is worth it and His way is better than mine.

    Miss you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete